Tuesday, March 1, 2011

About anyone have ideas for 15 year old to work

Anyone have ideas for 15 year old to work?
I need a job for next summer, and I need some ideas. NO! I am not working at a fast food joint, I get along with most people. but some make me mad. I am good at trades, but I doubt anyone will hire a 15 year old to do that kind of work. I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, so any ideas would be a help! Thanks :)
Small Business - 14 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do yardwork or work in the fast food chains
2 :
reception maybe?
3 :
Ever thought about working somewhere for something that you really like that you can get discounts on?
4 :
work at the corner
5 :
your avitar looks sorta cute. be a man hoe
6 :
You can make pretty good money mowing lawns and doing landscaping. Or maybe lifeguarding, but I don't know what the age limitations are in Pennsylvania.
7 :
babysit some kids that works for me, or yard work
8 :
I worked in a nursing home kitchen. I washed dishes and did light food prep. Those sort of places usually pay better than your typical fast-food or cashier job. I made $9.00 as opposed to the $6.50 I made at Wendys.
9 :
its hard growing up and most the time it sucks. but if you need the job trust me you'll take it and no one says you have to stay there forever or even take the job on the interview. just put in all kinds of applications most of them wont even call you back. least you did your part in tryin to find one.
10 :
Mail room, grocery store bag-boy, hardware store.
11 :
Do something that you can do for cash. My cousins are 15 and 13. They started a general services company. They just put up fliers in nice neighborhoods advertising clean-up, lawn care etc. and they make bank. They deal in cash only and one of them got hooked up to watch an older couples' house for the summer for $500. Don't think that to work means that you have to have a boss. Be your own boss and you get to keep all your money!
12 :
Do you need a work permit? If so, I would check into that too. If you work with the public, you will run into some rude and inconsiderate people. You will need to prepare for that. No matter where you work, there will be nasty people. There are nice people, too. (hopefully!) Your options may be limited if you can't get a work permit. You may want to think of some creative ways to earn money- can you mow lawns or do yard work? Raking leaves, etc- especially in the fall may be good. Also, snow removal. Get that shovel out! Ask around business in your neighborhood to see if they would hire you with a work permit. You will need transportation,too. You will need to keep that in mind. Look in the Sunday classifieds- probably under General Labor or something like that. See what is available- that will give you an idea of the qualifications, etc. When my brothers were younger (in the 70s) they caddied at golf courses. I don't know if this done anymore since most golfers carry their clubs or take carts. My friend's son works at a grocery store bagging groceries and gathering shopping carts. He has a work permit. Also- try moving companies. If you're strong and don't mind heavy lifting, maybe you can ask around for jobs there. A lot of people move in the summer and on the weekends. I hope these ideas help you. Good luck.
13 :
How about starting a DJ'ing business? Depending on the area you are at, you can make $400-$1200 a night doing it. Usually, you are DJ'ing a dance or a wedding so it's 4-6 hours of work. You need to get a professional sound system and a CD collection, but if you keep with it, you can do this year round and probably take it to college and help pay your way through school. Just understand that your Friday and Saturday nights will be shot if you do it. You can hire a friend to help out. I'm guessing here, but it may cost you $10k+ to get started.
14 :
Dog poop scooping. Hands down, it's the easiest and best small business for a whippersnapper. Hardly any materials: bucket garbage bags some sort of scooper gloves so you have low start-up costs. People are willing to pay whatever the market will bear. In urban areas, some people pay $10/week to have their yards scooped. Even if you charged $5 per yard, it's up to you how many clients you can wrangle. Give it a shot. I've read news stories where a guy got outsourced to India or something, so instead of doing high-tech stuff, he scooped poop, and was making more money than he was as a tech monkey.