Wednesday, September 1, 2010

About where can I work When I'm 13 in Pittsburgh

Where can I work When I'm 13 in Pittsburgh?
This summer I really want to start working because I really want buy my own things that my parents can't afford for me right now...I don't know where to look for a place to work because I doubt there are many...I do babysit but i don't make that much money... Can someone please help me?
Other - US Local Businesses - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
eek i have no idea you can see if you can be a bagger. but not to many people at that age can work
2 :
Sorry, Honey! The government determined quite a few years ago that it is against Child Labor Laws for you to work until you turn 16 then you can work for 2 hours a day until you turn 18. Then you may have a full time job. But the draw back on that is all potential employers want you to have "experience" which you cannot get without having a "proper" job which babysitting isn't considered. Catch 22!! You are not old enough to have a job even tho you want one. When you are old enough the employers want you to have experience which you can't get without being hired.
3 :
Sorry, but you got to wait another year because the youngest to get a job is 14 but you could get a job like paint a person house, dog walks, and if your good at talking your way in a job you could get a job below minimum wage.
Read more other entries :